Welcome! We are glad you have opted for our solution! This is a quick guide to show you how to connect your Cloudbeds account to CheKin's dashboard!
In order to connect Cloudbeds to CheKin please follow these steps:
- Visit CheKin registration page and select the type of accommodations you have in your Cloudbeds account; choose one of the first 2 options shown in the picture below:
- After this, select the number of accommodations or rooms you manage via Cloudbeds and click on NEXT.
- You will be asked if you use any PMS or Channel Manager, select Cloudbeds and click on NEXT:
- Use the email address you prefer for your CheKin account, it can be different to the one you use in Cloudbeds:
- The page will redirect you to Cloudbeds where you will have to authorize CheKin to access your data (if you are not in you will have to complete the log in process)
If everything is correct you’ll receive an email with your password to access CheKin’s Dashboard. We suggest you to change the password in the Account section.
Login and setup of your CheKin account
On your first log in you will land on the mapping screen. There are 2 columns: on the left you will see all the units you have in Cloudbeds and on the right you have to link each of them with CheKin properties.
If you have a hotel/hostel/camping you have to create next to the first unit the property and then link all the rooms/units to the property you have just created in case they belong to the same one; if for example they belong to 2 different hotels you have to create 2 properties and link each room to the corresponding one. We will assign a space within the property for each unit you link with it. If your units are apartments you have to create in CheKin a property for each single unit.
To create a new property select any Cloudbeds unit and in the dropdown click on “Create property”: a new property will be generated with the name of the selected unit and it will be available between the dropdown options.
If you want to assign a room to a property that you have already created, click on the dropdown and select one of the options. Click on “Unlink” if you didn’t assign the unit to the correct property at first.
When you’re ready, click on “Done” and you will get a message like this:
All your bookings with a check-in date in the future will be imported.
First thing you have to do is going to PROPERTIES section:
If status is “Incomplete” for some of them, click on the property and follow these steps:
- Property information: complete any information missing from your property (this is needed to generate the guest registration form).
- Police and Statistics Connection: In this section, add your Authorities account credentials in case you are required in your country to send data to Police and Statistics Institute. You will see in the section if a police login is available for your country. If yes, please add your police account credentials (in case you don't have them make sure to reach out to your local authorities as soon as possible to get an account) and enable the toggle to automatically send them guest data. In case you have more properties registered under the same account, once you click on VALIDATE, a new field called “Property” will be shown; there you have to pick the corresponding property in the Authorities website.
- Online CheKin: Allow CheKin to send automatically an Online registration request to your guests! When do you want to reach out to them? Pick up the scheduling options that best fit your specific case:
- Contracts: In this section you can activate the generation of Short Rental Agreement between you and the lead guest for any reservation:
Once you have added all this info don’t forget to click on SAVE CHANGES. Repeat the process for all your properties and after this you will be ready to use CheKin Dashboard!
You have 2 ways to add guests:
- Send the Online Check-in request to your guests for self registration;
- Register your guests by yourself from the CheKin dashboard (Onsite Check-in).
Let’s see in detail how both methods work.
If you have enabled the auto sending of the Online CheKin request for your properties, an email will be sent to the lead guest depending on the timing you have selected. If you want to copy the link of Online CheKin and send it to the guest with your mobile phone you can click on the specific reservation and then click on COPY LINK:
But how this process looks like for the guests?
- Lead guest will receive an email like the one below; he will have to click on CHECK-IN NOW to start the registration:
- In the first step he will see the details of the reservation, he will have to click on NEXT:
- Guest has 2 options to complete the registration: use our OCR scanner to catch the document data so the form will be filled in automatically; add the data manually:
- During the process CheKin may ask the guest to add a signature depending on the country legal requirements:
- By clicking on REGISTER ANOTHER GUEST the Lead guest can complete the registration also for the rest of the people of the reservation in case he has all the data with him, otherwise he can simply share the Online CheKin with the rest by clicking on SHARE ONLINE CHECK-IN:
- Anytime each guest completes the online registration you will be able to see the data in the dashboard:
- If you click in the specific reservation you can check the guest’s details.
Now let’s see how you can manually register your guests in the dashboard.
- First, you will have to look for the related reservation from the bookings page, click on it to see the reservation details:
- Next, click on the “REGISTER GUEST” button, to add the first guest.
- You can add guests data manually or by scanning the ID of the guests to capture the info in order to fill the form:
Data will be sent automatically to Authorities on check-in date at 11:00 PM your country time; otherwise you can click on SEND MANUALLY in Police (Check-in) pane to send the data at the time you want:
In the Booking status section within the specific booking you will be able to check if guest has completed the Online CheKin (or you did it), if data have
been sent to Authorities and which is the registration status, etc.
The registration form will be automatically generated and stored in DOCUMENTS section, same for the contracts.
Self CheKin automates the guest identification and remote access to the property: during the online registration you can also ask your guests to take a selfie and a picture of the ID.
These will be compared by using biometric match technology so, in case you can’t be available for the check-in, your guests can enter your accommodation and also you will feel sure since you already verified their identity! You can connect this service to smart locks we are integrated with or key storage systems in order to have everything sync. If you want to know how to activate this tool and you need support on choosing the right smart lock for your use case contact us using the chat within the dashboard or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
End of trial period: how to subscribe
Once you connect to CheKin you have a trial period of 2 weeks where you can register all the guests you receive in your accommodations.
When the trial ends, you need to complete your subscription to continue using the service. You can do this from the Billing section of your CheKin dashboard:
In order to subscribe after the trial, simply click on “Subscribe” and follow these steps:
- First, select the number of rooms or properties (for vacation rentals) of your subscription. The minimum for hotel plan is 10 rooms;
- Then, select your preferred billing period. You can choose between a monthly or a yearly subscription;
- Lastly, introduce your credit card’s details and proceed to pay for the subscription;
- Your CheKin subscription is complete!
Once you have an active subscription and a valid payment method, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of the period. You can change between monthly and yearly subscription whenever you want, and any changes in the number of active rooms or properties will automatically update your subscription so CheKin will charge you only for the active properties or rooms during the corresponding period. In the Billing section you can also check past invoices.
How to disconnect from CheKin
You can cancel your CheKin subscription at any time you want, by going to the Billing section of your dashboard and clicking on “Cancel Plan”:
This will stop your account from renewing automatically, but you will be able to access it until the end of the paid period.
After this, you can disconnect from CheKin integration: go to the the “APPS AND INTEGRATIONS” section of your Cloudbeds account, search for CheKin and click on “Disconnect”.
How to get support from CheKin Team
If you have any doubts or find issues along the process, you can easily get help from your dashboard by clicking on “Help” at the top banner. You have 2 options: visit our help center or chat with us. You can also use the chat by clicking in the icon on the bottom right corner:
Also, you can send an email to email@example.com
Summary: Synchronization with the Cloudbeds integration and CheKin main features?
- All Cloudbeds listings and bookings are reflected on the CheKin dashboard too and if some info changes on Cloudbeds side it is automatically updated on CheKin too;
- Online CheKin: you can stay relaxed, your guests will register their data online before the arrival;
- Self CheKin: in case you allow remote access to your accommodation CheKin will help you requiring your guests to verify online their identity with a biometric match technology;
- Legal compliance solved: forget about the manual registration of guests data on authorities websites and manual fulfillment of several docs, CheKin will take care of everything
- Guests data synced on your Cloudbeds account: anytime a guest complete the online registration you will be able to see its data not only in CheKin Dashboard but also on your Cloudbeds account in the tab Guest Details of Reservation Section:
I am a CheKin user already, can I use my existing account for the Cloudbeds integration?
Unfortunately not, the connection with Cloudbeds requires to create a new CheKin account. So download all the documentation from the old one and then connect to CheKin via Cloudbeds. Contact us in order to delete your former account.
How can I add bookings to my CheKin account?
All your Cloudbeds bookings will be synced in your CheKin account, so you don’t need to generate them again!
Is the information of my guests sent to the police automatically?
Yes! If you have added the police credentials into your property then CheKin will send guests data automatically to police at 11 pm of the check-in date.
Can I force the guests data sending to the Authorities?
If you prefer, you can force the police registration from your booking information, as long as the conditions required by the police are met. For example, you can not send registrations before the check-in date for most police corps.
Can I access the registration documents after the check-in date?
Besides the registration process and the guests data sending to the authorities for available countries, CheKin also acts as a store cloud for the documentation of your check-ins. You can access all your guests info from the Documents section in your Dashboard.
The scanner doesn’t read my guest’s document, why?
Our scanner can read only the documents that contain the MRZ code (Machine Readable Zone). It looks like this:
Note: The result of the scanning depends on a lot of factors such as the lighting conditions, the quality of the picture, etc.
I am using the mobile app (CheKin Lite) but I can’t change some settings of my account/properties
The app is only for managing reservations and registering guests. All your properties and account settings, as well as the documentation and billing information of your account can be managed from the online Dashboard.